Topic: “The God of Distinction”
MEMORISE: Genesis 1:27
“So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.”
READ: Genesis 1:14-19 (KJV)
14. And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years;
15. And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth; and it was so.
16. And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night; he made the stars also.
17. And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,
18. And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness; and God saw that it was good.
19. And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.
Our God is the God of distinction; He is not an author of confusion. A man chooses to be confused when he does not want to do the right thing as ordered by God and so pretends that he does not know what God wants from him. When God creates, He does so with precision and purpose. He created lights for a purpose and darkness for another. God commanded:
“And let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years.” – (Genesis 1:14)
The God of order is that God of distinction. When He wanted to create man, for example, the Bible says:
So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. – (Genesis 1:27)
God, in His infinite wisdom, created mankind as male and female, yet some people feel the need to change their gender as though He did not know what He was doing when He created them!
God does not make mistakes. Our God is the perfect God of distinction. He created the day for work and the night to rest. If for any reason we do not rest in one night, the following day should compensate for the loss of rest. Failure to observe rest produces stress, sickness and ultimately death. Little wonder life expectancy in the last fifty years has been on the decline. Achievements that should normally have taken forty years to accomplish are realised in fewer than thirty, at the price of dying earlier.
The God of distinction says in His word:
Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? And what communion hath light with darkness? – (2 Corinthians 6:14)
He then commanded in (2 Corinthians 6:17-18):
Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, and will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.
A lot of people have mixed many profane things with the sacred. The God of distinction will never lower His standards. It is our duty to live up to His standards.
Look into your life and see where you have compromised your values as a Christian. Repent and it to walk in the path righteousness again.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: