Open Heavens daily devotional by Pastor Adeboye of the Redeemed Christian Church of God for today is here. Digest the word of the lord and pray believing.
The Topic of Open Heavens for 3rd January 2022 Is “How To Deal With Mountains 1”
MEMORISE: Isaiah 40:31
“But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.”
READ: Exodus 14:13-18 (KJV)
13. And Moses said unto the people, Fear ye not, stand still, and see the salvation of the LORD, which he will shew to you to day; for the Egyptians whom ye have seen to day, ye shall see them again no more for ever.
14. The LORD shall fight for you, and ye shall hold your peace.
15. And the LORD said unto Moses, Wherefore criest thou unto me? speak unto the children of Israel, that they go forward;
16. But lift thou up thy rod, and stretch out thine hand over the sea, and divide it; and the children of Israel shall go on dry ground through the midst of the sea.
17. And I, behold, I will harden the hearts of the Egyptians, and they shall follow them; and I will get me honour upon Pharaoh, and upon all his host, upon his chariots, and upon his horsemen.
18. And the Egyptians shall know that I am the LORD, when I have gotten me honour upon Pharaoh, upon his chariots, and upon his horsemen.
OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL FOR TODAY
Mountains in today’s topic of discussion symbolize problems and challenges of life. There are certain mountains one just must encounter in his or her lifetime. Isaiah 43:2 confirms that we shall pass through waters and fire; however, we shall not be victims of their scourge. The earlier one understands this facts, the better. In our Bible reading of today, we rad of the encounter of two symbolic mountains behind and before the children of Israel – the hosts of Pharaoh and the Red Sea respectively. However, they were miraculously delivered from the two mountains. Today we shall consider some ways to deal with mountains hindering your progress in life.
One way to deal with mountains is to turn back when confronted with them. However, this method is not good enough as you most likely would face them again (Numbers 14:1-4). The second way is to go round your mountain and tis may be a lifetime of fruitless exercise as in the case of the rebellious and faithless children of Israel who wandered and wasted away in the wilderness.
And the Lord’s anger was kindled against Israel, and he made them wander in the wilderness forty years, until all the generation, that had done evil in the sight of the Lord, was consumed. – (Number 32:13)
A point to note in the Scripture above is that wandering around and around a mountain may be a sign that God is angry with the person in question. It is a sign that the fellow has lost his sense of direction. The only way to get direction to the fulfilment of your destiny is through Jesus Christ who has told us that He is the way, the truth and the life (John 14:6). To avoid going round in circles, you must not turn your back on your mountain; rather, face it in the name of Jesus Christ, putting your trust in Him. According to our memory verse today, you will not be disgraced, but rather be strengthened to face and overcome every mountain in your path in the mighty name of Jesus.
Father, please help me to face the challenges of life and see me through them, in Jesus’ name.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: